So.. I said it out loud today. To two of the people I admire the most. (their brains slay me) I’m having a hard time memorizing my Scriptures for SSMT. I can memorize them but then, within weeks, it is all gone. POOF! Just not there. I can remember some of the words but not the whole scripture.
It’s driving this ‘ole girl nuts. Why? Because I want so desperately to forget all the useless info rattling around in my brain and set my mind and heart on His Truth. I can remember conversations and phone numbers and names and details of others lives.. but it feels like a battle is raging over my lack of long term memory!
Kelly helped me in a matter of 20 minutes tonight memorize two verses that I still remember two hours later.. SOOO excited.
Here’s some advice from my mucho intelligent friends:
- write it down. over and over and over
- write it down on index cards and stare at it.
- read it over and over and over
- read it out loud over and over and over
- write it on your mirrors
- write it on post-its and put them everywhere.. in the laundry room, the kitchen, your steering wheel (but don’t look down while driving)
- come up with acronym associations for your verses.
- dance it out (like Priscilla did at Deeper Still in Faithful, Abundant & True)
- cheer it out
- sing it
- write it over and over and over
So … I said it. Anyone else out there having a hard time? I’m praying for you if you are. Really.
If you are able to memorize really well, what are some of your tips for recall and memorization? I would love to hear more!